Instant Pot Healthy Chicken and 13 Bean Chili
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 small green peppers chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons chile powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons jarred jalapeno slices with marinade
- 1 15 ounce can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill 13 bean dried soup mix or 1 cup of other dried beans
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Fresh jalapeno sliced
Turn Instant Pot on to sauté, medium heat. Add green peppers and onions and cook 5-7 minutes until softened but not browned.
Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
Add salt, chile powder, cumin and paprika. Cook 1-2 minutes until the spices become fragrant.
Add tomatoes, chicken stock, water, jalapeno slices with juice, dried beans, and chicken breast. Stir well.
Close and seal Instant Pot and set to pressure cook for 60 minutes. Once finished, allow to naturally release for 10 minutes and then manually release the pressure.
Remove chicken breasts and shred with a fork. Return meat to pot.
Serve in individual bowls and top with jalapeno and cilantro if desired.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 195kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 24gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 215mgPotassium: 553mgSugar: 3gCalcium: 59mgMagnesium: 47mgPhosphorus: 232mg