28 Dec White Beans and Leek Soup
Posted at 15:04h in Soups/Stews 0 Comments
This recipe is simple but perfect for a light and healthy dinner. You can vary the herbs according to your taste and put chickpeas instead of white beans if that’s what you have in your cupboards. Be careful to choose a natural broth without sodium and canned white beans without salt.
You can also choose to cook them yourself, it’s the best solution and it is faster with an Instant Pot, if you have one.
White Beans and Leek Soup
- 1 zucchini halved lengthwise and then cut into ½ inch slices
- 3 leeks sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 5 cups no sodium vegetable broth
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 15 ounce cans low sodium white beans
- 1/2 cup peas
- Heat a large pot over medium heat and pour in the olive oil and onions. Cook for 5 minutes until the onions start to turn translucent.
- Add the garlic and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the zucchini and the leek, mix and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and mix. Add a small bunch of thyme and salt. Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Then add the white beans and peas. Cover again and continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- The soup is ready, you can serve!
- Remember to remove the bunch of thyme before and add a little pepper if you like.
#Protip: By omitting the salt, you can decrease the recipe by 388 mg of sodium per serving
Calories: 205kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 9gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 728mgPotassium: 618mgFiber: 11gSugar: 6gCalcium: 280mgMagnesium: 39mgPhosphorus: 53mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.