18 Oct Wheat Bran Muffins with Cranberries + Raspberries
Who doesn’t love a muffin? This muffin recipe should quickly become one of your “Go-To” recipes. It is simple, delicious, full of fresh berries (which can be switched out depending on what is in season) and it will freeze great too.
A great breakfast for kids and adults.
And a BIG THANKS to the American Association of Kidney Patients for the recipe!
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup rice beverage (unfortified)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup wheat bran
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup cranberries, fresh of frozen
1/2 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat conventional over to 350ºF. Line the muffin tins with paper cups or silpat cups.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg, sugar, oil and vanilla together. Add the rice beverage and mix to combine.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, wheat bran and baking soda.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the web ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Fold the berries into the muffin mixture.
6. Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins spring back upon touch.
Serving Size: One Muffin
Calories (kcal) 108.53
Protein (g) 2.51
Carbohydrates (g) 22.83
Total Dietary Fiber (g) 2.19
Total Sugars (g) 7.34
Added Sugar (g) 5.63
Fat (g) 0.77
Saturated Fat (g) 0.14
Cholesterol (mg) 15.54
Calcium (mg) 31.45
Magnesium (mg) 4.32
Phosphorus (mg) 20.98 Low Phosphorus
Potassium (mg) 25.78 Low Potassium
Sodium (mg) 170.72