18 Oct Wheat Bran Muffins with Cranberries + Raspberries
Who doesn’t love a muffin? This muffin recipe should quickly become one of your “Go-To” recipes. It is simple, delicious, full of fresh berries (which can be switched out depending on what is in season) and it will freeze great too.
A great breakfast for kids and adults.
And a BIG THANKS to the American Association of Kidney Patients for the recipe!
Wheat Bran Muffins With Cranberries + Raspberries
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup rice beverage unfortified
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup cranberries fresh of frozen
- 1/2 cup raspberries fresh or frozen
- Preheat conventional over to 350ºF. Line the muffin tins with paper cups or silpat cups.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg, sugar, oil and vanilla together. Add the rice beverage and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, wheat bran and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the web ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Fold the berries into the muffin mixture.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins spring back upon touch.