21 Jan Vegan Mini Blueberry Muffins
This week I want to share with you one of my favorite blueberry muffin recipes. Not only is this recipe quick and easy, but it also happens to be healthy and vegan. This recipe uses flax seeds instead of eggs and you will be surprised at how moist and fluffy they get. This is a great way to #changeyourbuds and also change up your morning routine of grabbing whatever you can find as you run out the door. Make a batch of these at night and you’ll have a quick and easy breakfast ready for you.
Vegan Mini Blueberry Muffins
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 6 tablespoons water
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup spelt four or whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder I prefer aluminum free
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup oat milk plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup non-dairy butter substitute melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat to 400ºF. Spray 2 mini-muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- Make the flax eggs. Mix together the flax seeds and 6 tablespoons of water in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the all-purpose flour, spelt flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oat milk, vegan butter, flax eggs, and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients to the well, then stir together until just blended.
- Fold blueberries into the batter.
- Divide the batter among the prepared mini-muffin cups. Bake for 10-13 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer to a rack to cool completely.