28 Dec Vanilla Poached Pears With Dark Chocolate
Posted at 14:49h in Desserts 0 Comments
For a fun presentation, pour the chocolate while your guests are watching! You can also serve this dessert with whipped cream instead of vanilla ice cream.
#Protip: Instead of melting the chocolate in a double boiler, you can use the microwave. Cook in sessions of 30 seconds, mix, 30 seconds, mix, etc. until the chocolate melts.
Vanilla Poached Pears With Dark Chocolate
- 4 cups waters
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla beans
- 4 pears peeled
- 5 ounces dark chocolate at least 70% cacao
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup slivered almond
- French vanilla ice cream or whipped cream to serve
- Pour 4 cups of water into a saucepan and add the brown sugar and vanilla extract. Heat over medium heat and mix.
- Add the peeled pears and cook them, turning the pears from time to time, for 20 minutes.
- Take the pears out of the sweet water and let them cool for 15 minutes. Then place them in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, prepare the melted chocolate. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate with the almond milk. Stir while the chocolate melts. The melted chocolate should be smooth.
- Serve the pears on plates and drizzle the chocolate over the pears at the last moment. Add some slivered almonds and vanilla ice cream.
Calories: 326kcalCarbohydrates: 38gProtein: 5gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gSodium: 13mgPotassium: 93mgFiber: 3gSugar: 58gCalcium: 79mgMagnesium: 34mgPhosphorus: 60mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.