27 Apr Turkey Burger
Rachel Ray’s delicious Southwestern Turkey Burger recipe made kidney-healthy. Still delicious! Thank you!
- 1 1/3 pounds ground turkey breast the average weight of 1 package
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 large shallot or 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves optional – parsley may be substituted
- 1/2 small bell pepper green, red or yellow, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons grill seasoning blend; low sodium version
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil or olive oil for drizzling
- 4 crusty Kaiser Rolls split
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper relish found on condiment aisle – pepper jelly may be substituted (2 Tbsp/srv)
- 1/4 cup Pimento cheese spread 1 Tbsp/srv
- Chop your garlic and veggies.
- Combine turkey meat, garlic, shallot or onion, thyme, cilantro or parsley, bell pepper, serrano or jalapeno pepper, cumin, grill seasoning or salt and pepper. Divide mixture into 4 – 6 equal mounds then form meat into patties. Drizzle patties with vegetable oil to coat. Cook in skillet over medium high heat or grill for 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
- Put cooked turkey burgers into buns. Spread sweet relish or jelly on bun tops and set red leaf lettuce into place, using the relish or jelly as glue. Or try spreading pimento cheese, made with cream cheese, for a delicious twist.
Serving: 1Turkey BurgerCalories: 539.74kcalCarbohydrates: 59.8gProtein: 30.4gFat: 20.48gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 84.1mgSodium: 629.33mgPotassium: 393.56mgFiber: 2.76gSugar: 28.84gCalcium: 125.39mgMagnesium: 44.97mgPhosphorus: 282.34mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!