19 Dec The 5 Best Things About The Instant Pot
My top 5 favorite things about the Instant Pot:
1. Dried Beans – In the past, I’d buy dry beans because it seemed like such an important and healthy thing to do but then they’d sit on my shelf because I never remembered to soak them overnight. With the Instant Pot, I can cook them over an hour with high pressure.
2. Frozen chicken – Let’s paint a picture. It’s Wednesday evening, you’re exhausted and want to make dinner but you didn’t remember to take the whole chicken or the chicken breasts out of the freezer. Never fear – put frozen chicken into the instant pot and cook it. Remember to cook it all the way through or else you are at risk for Salmonella poisoning.
3. Chicken Soup – Enough said!
4. Chili – Granted, I’m not giving up my Les Cruset dutch oven yet, but for a weeknight dinner, you can easily whip up a flavorful vegetarian or meat chili with very little work.
5. It sounds exciting. Even though you can make salmon, eggs, rice, and other dishes just as quickly and simply on the stove as in the Instant Pot, it sounds much more exciting to say… “ I made rice in the Instant Pot” or “You won’t believe how easy and delicious these eggs are when made in the Instant Pot.”