07 Jun Tangy Chicken Burger
This recipe is perfect for when you want to lighten up your burger routine. These tangy burgers work great on the grill or in a non-stick skillet. And the secret ingredient, a little bit of mayo, keeps them from drying out even if you use only ground white meat chicken breast.
If you need a lower potassium version, leave off the avocado.
The other great part of this recipe is that the final product is delicious, without adding a bun or a slice of cheese. That keeps it as a low sodium burger option.
Tangy Chicken Burger
- 1 pound of ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite no sodium seasoning Ms. Dash is a great option
- ½ cup of chopped onions
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt Optional
- 1 tablespoon homemade mayonnaise or 1 egg and 1 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado removed from the skin and sliced
- Mix all ingredients (except for avocado) together in a large bowl
- Shape into five burger patties
- Preheat non-stick skillet or grill to medium heat
- Place burgers on the skillet and cook for 4-6 minutes until browned
- Flip and cook another 4-6 minutes until the burgers start to brown
- Turn heat down to medium-low, cover and cook until burgers are at least 175 degrees on the inside
- Top with avocado and serve with a dollop of mustard on the side. Pairs well with a clementine and a side of my quick spinach (Watch me make it here!)