16 Nov Sweet Potato Tart
Posted at 17:02h in Entrées, Small Plates/Salads 0 Comments
This pie crust recipe is quick and easy to make, you can do it by hand. However, it will be faster with a stand mixer if you have one.
This is a higher potassium dish due to the sweet potatoes and mushrooms. It is easy to lower the potassium by using only 1 cup of sweet potato instead of 3. The mushrooms can be replaced with green pepper to lower the potassium even more.
- 3 cups sweet potato peeled and cubed about 3 medium sized potatoes
- ½ cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups kale chopped
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup feta cheese cubed (can use up to ½ cup but this will increase the sodium content)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Bake the sweet potatoes for 20-25 minutes until soft, but not browned.
- Pour one tablespoon of olive oil into a saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until it becomes translucent. Then add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes. Finally, add the kale and continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Prepare the tart crust by mixing the whole wheat flour with the salt then add the water and olive oil. Mix with your hands until it no longer sticks to your fingers.
- Flour your countertop and roll out the dough with a rolling pin to obtain a round dough. Add the dough to an 11” tart pan and shape the dough to the pan. Cut off the excess dough. Prick the bottom of the dough several times with a fork.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with the almond milk and a dash of salt and pepper. Place the vegetables in the bottom of the pie (sweet potato, kale, mushrooms and onions). Add the feta in cubes and pour the mixture of egg and almond milk over top.
- Bake the pie for about 45 minutes in the oven. The edges of the crust should be cooked and the pie should puff up slightly. Serve immediately!
Calories: 350kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 11gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 282mgPotassium: 718mgSugar: 12gCalcium: 189mgMagnesium: 73mgPhosphorus: 250mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.