27 Apr Summer Squash Soup with Leeks
Posted at 19:23h in Soups/Stews 0 Comments
Summer Squash Soup with Leeks
- 2 large leeks washed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons of Earth Balance or butter
- Freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup white wine
- 4 cups chopped yellow squash
- 1 quart of low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons of chopped flat leaf parsley
- Drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Heat Earth Balance in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add leeks, sprinkle with pepper, and sauté over medium heat for 5-10 minutes until soft.
- Add white wine, raise heat to high, and cook until the wine is almost all evaporated.
- Before the leeks start to burn, add the vegetable broth, yellow squash, and thyme to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down and simmer the soup for 10-15 minutes until the squash are soft but not dissolving.
- Puree the mixture in a blender until smooth. (Be careful to not burn yourself with the hot mixture!)
- Return to the pot and taste and season as needed.
- Serve hot topped with a sprinkle of parsley and a dash of the extra virgin olive oil.
For a lower potassium modification, eat only a small cup
Serving: 1.2CupsCalories: 83.44kcalCarbohydrates: 9.05gProtein: 1.44gFat: 4.66gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 131.69mgPotassium: 264.41mgSugar: 3.52gCalcium: 47.35mgMagnesium: 23.27mgPhosphorus: 41.03mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!