21 Aug Spring Quinoa Salad
This is a high potassium recipe.
Quinoa 160 mg K+/serving
Basil 74 mg K+/serving
Black Beans 146 mg K+/serving
Spring Quinoa Salad
- ½ cup of uncooked tri-colored quinoa
- ½ cup of uncooked regular quinoa
- 2 cups of no sodium vegetable broth –
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt optional
- 6 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 purple or regular carrot diced
- 1 jalapeno – diced
- ½ cup basil – sliced into ribbons
- 12 ounces of No-sodium black beans canned or from scratch, drained and rinsed
- Olive Oil drizzle over salad (Added)
- Rinse the quinoa over a fine mesh strainer, using your hands to press the grains into the strainer to make sure they are clean.
- Combine the quinoa and broth in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the water is absorbed. Remove from heat and let sit for 5-10 minutes. Cool quinoa to room temperature.
- Combine all remaining ingredients with a pinch of salt and serve.
For a lower potassium modification omit beans. Dish will still be higher potassium. For a lower carbohydrate and more diabetic friendly version, only eat 1/2 cup serving
Serving: 0.92CupsCalories: 171.03kcalCarbohydrates: 29.7gProtein: 7.66gFat: 2.76gSodium: 118.5mgPotassium: 421.78mgFiber: 7.01gSugar: 1.82gCalcium: 104.85mgMagnesium: 94.38mgPhosphorus: 193.12mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!