28 May Spinach Bowl with Honey Mustard Tofu and Black Rice
Posted at 13:18h in Desserts, Small Plates/Salads 0 CommentsJump to Recipe
This fabulous spinach bowl makes a quick and delicious meatless lunch.For a lower potassium version, substitute arugula for the spinach, use white rice instead of black rice and leave off the pomegranate seeds.
- 1 12- ounce package of extra-firm tofu cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup black rice*
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven at 400°F.
- Dry the tofu squares by placing on paper towels between two heavy plates and letting sit for 20 minutes.
- Cook the rice per the package instructions.
- In a bowl, mix the honey and mustard. Remove 2 teaspoons of the honey mustard and set aside.
- Coat the tofu in the honey mustard and place on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Cook tofu for 20 minutes.
- Place the almonds in the reserved honey mustard and stir to coat. Once tofu is finished, bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes or until they are brown and crispy. Check frequently.
- Whisk the olive oil with balsamic vinegar and pepper.
- To serve, take two bowls, place 1 cup of baby spinach in the bottom of the bowl, add warm black rice, tofu, pomegranate seeds, and the mustard almonds. Pour the dressing on each bowl and serve.
* If you can’t find black rice, you can use wild rice. Additional Nutrition Facts: Magnesium (mg) 127 Phosphorus (mg) 243
Serving: 2gCalories: 635kcalCarbohydrates: 65gProtein: 27gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 4gSodium: 432mgPotassium: 546mgFiber: 8gSugar: 25gCalcium: 395mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.