27 Apr Spicy Shrimp
1/3 cup EVOO
3-4 cloves of garlic cut into slivers
1 ½ lbs of 20-30 count shrimp, peeled, rinsed, deveined and drained
Salt and Pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 ½ teaspoon of hot paprika
Loaf of French bread
1. Heat the olive oil in a large deep skillet to low heat
2. Add olive oil to cover the pan
3. Add the garlic and cook until it turns golden, turning up the heat as needed
4. Raise the heat to medium-high and add shrimp, pepper, salt, cumin, and paprika
5. Stir to blend and cook turning once or twice until the shrimp are pink through. This takes 5-10 minutes.
6. Serve over arugula or over small pieces of French bread.
From Mark Bittman: How to Cook Everything (Follow him on Twitter @Bittman)