27 Apr Spicy Shrimp
Posted at 18:58h in Entrées, food 0 Comments
From Mark Bittman: How to Cook Everything (Follow him on Twitter @Bittman)
- 1/3 cup EVOO
- 3-4 cloves of garlic cut into slivers
- 1 ½ lbs of 20-30 count shrimp peeled, rinsed, deveined and drained
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoon of hot paprika
- Chopped parsley
- Loaf of French bread
- Heat the olive oil in a large deep skillet to low heat
- Add olive oil to cover the pan
- Add the garlic and cook until it turns golden, turning up the heat as needed
- Raise the heat to medium-high and add shrimp, pepper, salt, cumin, and paprika
- Stir to blend and cook turning once or twice until the shrimp are pink through. This takes 5-10 minutes.
- Serve over arugula or over small pieces of French bread.
Serving: 18Oz CookedCalories: 182kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 14gFat: 13gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 121mgSodium: 549mgPotassium: 157mgFiber: 1gCalcium: 6mgMagnesium: 28mgPhosphorus: 185mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!