21 Jul Spicy Air Fryer French Fries
Spicy Air Fryer French Fries
- 2 yukon gold or 1 russet potato
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon adobo chile powder
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt optional
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tsp parmesan cheese
- Preheat air fryer to 400º degrees
- Cut the potato into ¼ inch strips. If you need a low potassium version, boil the potato strips in hot water for 10 minutes, discard the water, and boil for another 10 minutes. Or, to keep the texture of the potatoes, soak overnight in warm water. The soaking method will not remove as much potassium as the boiling method.
- Mix the potato slices with the olive oil, paprika, onion powder, adobo chile powder and salt.
- Cook for 15 -20 minutes, stirring the basket every 5-10 minutes to make sure they don’t stick. If you don’t have an air fryer, cook at 425º in the oven on a baking sheet.
- Remove potatoes and top with parmesan cheese and parsley, then serve.
This is a high potassium, low sodium dish. If the potatoes are soaked, it becomes a medium potassium dish.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!