17 May Sheet Pan Chicken with Coriander, Orange + Fennel
This sheet pan chicken is simple, easy and flexible. I use chicken thighs, but legs or breasts would be fine. The potatoes are pre-cooked, which allows them to cook more evenly in the oven. Feel free to substitute other vegetables or use whatever you have on hand. I use these vegetables, which are high in potassium.
If you need a low potassium diet, you can substitute celery for the carrots, and soak the potatoes for 2-4 hours to leech the potassium out before you cook them.
This is a perfect family dinner or even makes a great presentation for a dinner party. Enjoy.
She and The Cooking Doc share this delicious recipe for a healthy, quick, sheet pan dinner and “dish” about lots of other topics as well.
Sheet Pan Chicken with Coriander, Orange + Fennel
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 tablespoon of fresh chopped rosemary + 2 fresh sprigs or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 small oranges or 1 large orange, zested and juiced
- 1 small orange quartered
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 8 small carrots rinsed and peeled (or 4 large carrots halved lengthwise)
- 1 large fennel bulb
- 1/2 lbs of Yukon gold potatoes boiled for 7-10 minutes and then halved
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeño
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- Fresh cilantro
- Mix shallot, coriander, rosemary, orange juice, orange zest, lemon zest, salt, jalapeño and dijon mustard in a bowl
- Marinate the chicken thighs in the mixture for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Dry chicken thighs
- Add vegetables to a baking sheet and coat with 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and then mix together
- Add the quartered lemon and fresh rosemary to the pan
- Nestle the chicken thighs between the vegetables and sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper
- Cook 25-30 minutes until chicken is done: 180 degrees with a thermometer
- Remove the chicken from the pan and cook the vegetables another 7-10 minutes until desired tenderness
- Top with fresh cilantro and serve hot