27 Apr Salmon Two Ways
Salmon Two Ways
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/8 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Whisk it all together.
- SALMON IN FOIL
- (We used 4 oz. salmon fillets)
- Put your fillet in the foil packet and pour 1/3 of the vinaigrette over it. Sprinkle with a little salt (not too much, there is salt in the dijon & vinaigrette). Top each fillet with 3 – 4 fresh basil leaves. Close the packet and cook in a 350º over for 10 – 15 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
- BLACKENED SALMON
- Cover the 4 oz. salmon fillet with oil (we used extra virgin olive oil).
- Coat the fillet generously with a LOW SODIUM blackened seasoning.
- Sear in a hot skillet until cooked through.
- ROASTED BRUSSELS SPROUTS
- Halve the brussels sprouts and put in a plastic bag. Add a little olive oil and salt. Evenly spread the brussels sprouts out on a cookie sheet and roast in a 450º over for 10 – 12 minutes.
- ISRAELI COUSCOUS
- Toast couscous in a hot pan with a little oil for 5 minutes until it starts to brown. Add 1 1/4 cups water, cover and simmer for 8 – 10 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Turn heat off and let rest for 5 minutes, fluff with a fork (very important!) and serve.
Serving: 3Oz CookedCalories: 182kcalProtein: 21gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 149mgPotassium: 376mgCalcium: 7mgMagnesium: 27mgPhosphorus: 267mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!