09 Jan Poached Fish in Olive Oil + Citrus
Poached Fish in Olive Oil + Citrus
- 1 large fillet of fish 1-1.5 lbs We used catfish but salmon or halibut works)
- ½ lemon sliced
- ½ orange sliced
- 3 sprigs of dill
- 3 sprigs of tarragon
- ½ cup of Kalamata olives
- 1-1/2 cups of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2.Place fish fillet in a small baking dish that just holds the fillet.
- 3.Season fish with salt and pepper
- 4.Top with slices of oranges, lemons and sprigs of herbs.
- 5.Place the black olives in the dish surrounding the fish.
- 6.Pour the extra virgin olive oil around the sides of the fish until it covers the fish ½ way up to the thickest part.
- 7.Bake for 25-40 minutes until the fish is 145 degrees Fahrenheit at the thickest part or until it flakes easily with a fork. (If using sushi grade salmon, can cook to 125 degrees for a medium rare piece.)
- 8.Before serving, taste and add a touch of salt if needed.
- 9.Serve with the sliced lemons/oranges and olives on top.
Serving: 4Oz CookedCalories: 182.08kcalCarbohydrates: 1.36gProtein: 21.12gFat: 9.97gSaturated Fat: 1.56gCholesterol: 46.78mgSodium: 135.8mgPotassium: 398.42mgFiber: 0.44gSugar: 0.45gCalcium: 21.73mgMagnesium: 29.58mgPhosphorus: 268.52mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!