02 Dec Oven Roasted Potatoes Gratin
Posted at 17:23h in Small Plates/Salads 0 Comments
This recipe is a crowd and family pleaser! It’s simple, inexpensive and requires only ingredients that you already have in your cupboard! The potatoes are tender while having a more crunchy side on top. The parmesan adds a little extra flavor.
It will be perfect for the holiday’s or family meals.
- 3 pounds potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme
- Salt / Pepper
- 1/3 cup no sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 350°C.
- Peel and wash your potatoes then dry them with a clean tea towel. Cut the potatoes into thin slices. You can do this with a knife or with the help of a mandolin. The pieces don’t need to be exactly the same size, but they should be quite thin.
- Place the pieces in a bowl and pour the olive oil, fresh thyme, salt and pepper. Mix with your hands so that the pieces are well coated with olive oil.
- Take an 8 x 8 or oval dish and place the slices of potatoes in rows so they stand on their sides, one after the other. Pour the vegetable broth into the bottom of the dish and grate the parmesan cheese on top. Bake for 1 - 1 1/2 hours until the potatoes are tender (check with a knife).
- This is a high potassium dish because it contains all potatoes. There’s really no way around it. If you boil the sliced potatoes for 10 minutes prior to cooking, you may decrease the potassium some, but the final texture of the dish may change. Try it and let me know if it works! Tag me at #TheCookingDoc on social media.
Calories: 248kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 6gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 86mgPotassium: 997mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gCalcium: 76mgMagnesium: 55mgPhosphorus: 152mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.