06 Aug No Sugar French Toast
With a few cooking tricks, you can make French Toast a health part of your morning breakfast routine. And you don’t have to sacrifice any flavor. The keys are using a mixture of whole eggs and egg whites, and my secret ingredient.
Watch the video to find out what it is.
#ChangeYourBuds with this no sugar added version of my favorite Sunday breakfast.
No Sugar French Toast
- 6 slices of whole grain toast I used Dave’s Killer Bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup unsweetened oat milk
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp. vegan butter
- 2 tbsp. hemp hearts
- 1 cup fresh mixed berries
- Leave bread out on a baking sheet overnight, uncovered.
- Place a large non-stick skillet on a stove and turn heat to medium-high.
- Mix eggs, egg whites, oat milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and orange juice in a glass baking dish. Beat lightly with a fork.
- Melt the vegan butter in the pan. If cooking with more than one batch, use 1 teaspoon of vegan butter per batch. Dip bread in the egg mixture, let sit for 5 seconds, and flip to coat both sides. Place bread on skillet. Repeat for each slice of bread.
- Cook 3-5 minutes on each side. Each side should turn a golden brown and a little crispy.
- Top with 2 tablespoons of berries per slice, a teaspoon of hemp hearts, and a splash of maple syrup if desired.