12 Apr No Bake Brownie
“Everybody needs a little sweet in their life.” – The Cooking Doc
Adapted from Minimalist Baker (Thank you for the inspiration!)
No Bake Brownie
- 1 1/2 cups of raw walnuts divided + more for topping
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 1/2 cups dates pitted
- 3/4 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup uncooked oats
- Place 1 cup walnuts and 1 cup almonds in food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the cacao powder, sea salt and oats. Pulse to combine. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the dates to the food processor and process until it forms a large date ball. Remove and set aside.
- Add nut and cocoa mixture to the bowl along with 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil. While processing, drop small handfuls of the date pieces into the food processor or blender spout.
- Process until a dough consistency is achieved.
- Add the brownie mixture to a small parchment lined 8×8 dish and before pressing, sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of roughly chopped walnuts and chocolate chips on top of the mixture. Then press down with hands until it is flat and firm.
- Place dish in freezer or fridge to chill for 10-15 minutes before cutting into 20 small brownies.
For a lower potassium modification, use only 1/2 portion For a lower carbohydrate and more diabetic friendly version, only eat 1/2 portion
Serving: 1BrownieCalories: 169kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 4gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 31mgPotassium: 260mgFiber: 4gSugar: 13gCalcium: 36mgMagnesium: 56mgPhosphorus: 99mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!