12 Apr No Bake Brownie
“Everybody needs a little sweet in their life.” – The Cooking Doc
Adapted from Minimalist Baker (Thank you for the inspiration!)
1 1/2 cups of raw walnuts, divided + more for topping
1 cup raw almonds
2 1/2 cups dates, pitted
3/4 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
¼ cup mini chocolate chips
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup uncooked oats
1. Place 1 cup walnuts and 1 cup almonds in food processor and process until finely ground.
2. Add the cacao powder, sea salt and oats. Pulse to combine. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3. Add the dates to the food processor and process until it forms a large date ball. Remove and set aside.
4. Add nut and cocoa mixture to the bowl along with 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil. While processing, drop small handfuls of the date pieces into the food processor or blender spout.
5. Process until a dough consistency is achieved.
6. Add the brownie mixture to a small parchment lined 8×8 dish and before pressing, sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup of roughly chopped walnuts and chocolate chips on top of the mixture. Then press down with hands until it is flat and firm.
7. Place dish in freezer or fridge to chill for 10-15 minutes before cutting into 20 small brownies.