23 May Mediterranean Herbed Salmon
This is the newest addition to our dinner rotation. It’s simple, easy, and pairs well with a salad on the side. I always make an extra piece or two and eat them for lunch the following day.
In this recipe, you may notice I don’t add any salt, but instead use the sodium from the Kalamata olives and capers to infuse a salty flavor into the fish.
This a great example of a dish from the Mediterranean or DASH (Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension) diet. Enjoy.
#ChangeYourBuds – Be sure to use this hashtag on social media.
Mediterranean Herbed Salmon
- 4 4-6- ounce salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 pitted Kalamata Olives or 1 – 5 ounce can of marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 4 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 lemon ½ cut into wedges and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Add olive oil to the bottom of a glass pan large enough the all the fillets to fit in
- Place salmon in the pan, skin side down
- Spread dijon mustard over the fillets
- Sprinkle salmon with herbs
- Add capers on top of each piece of salmon
- Add olives on top of each piece of salmon
- Squeeze juice of ½ lemon over all the salmon
- Bake for 8-12 minutes until the salmon is cooked through
- Serve with lemon wedges