26 Apr Mediterranean Chick Pea Salad
Healthy, fast, full of flavor… this recipe will be one of your new go-to’s for any meal! Yup… maybe even breakfast.
CHICK PEA SALAD
Dressing Ingredients and Directions:
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sumac (or lemon zest if unavailable)
Add lemon juice, red wine vinegar and sumac to a bowl and mix. Slowly pour in the extra virgin olive oil. Whisk all together.
1 can low sodium chick peas (rinsed and drained)
1 package grape tomatoes quartered
1 cucumber seeded and chopped
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley diced
1/4 cup diced red onion
1. Drain and rinse 1 can low sodium chick peas
2. Toss chick peas with 1 tablespoon cumin
3. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat and toast chick peas until they just start to turn golden brown. Tossing frequently.
4. Mix toasted chick peas with tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley and diced onion.
5. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and eat up!