21 May Lemony Spinach
With just four ingredients, you can create this outstanding vegetable side dish. I love to serve this on the side of grilled salmon or chicken breast. It also makes a nice addition to an omelet, a tofu wrap, or a stir fry.
If you have stage 4 or 5 kidney disease or need a low potassium diet, DO NOT COOK this recipe because it is a high potassium dish.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ red onion – diced
- 1 bunch of spinach 12 ounces – chopped into large pieces
- ½ lemon – juiced
- Add olive oil and onion to a cool pan and turn the heat up to medium-high. Cook until the onions are translucent, stirring occasionally.
- Add spinach and stir frequently, cooking 3-5 minutes until the spinach brightens in color.
- Top with lemon juice and serve immediately.