22 Apr Lemon Chickpea Pasta with Arugula and Parmesan
Delicious recipes don’t get much simpler than this. I love picking up some spring greens from the Farmer’s Market or from my garden and cooking them that night.
In this recipe, fresh arugula mixes with a quickly prepared olive oil, lemon, and garlic sauce. Chickpea pasta adds some fiber and plant-based protein. The result is a pasta dish that hits all the flavor high notes – umami, tangy, salty, and just a bit of bitterness to keep you interested.
Lemon Chickpea Pasta with Arugula and Parmesan
- 1/2 pounds chickpea spaghetti pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- Cook the chickpea pasta in a large pot of boiling water. Drain and place the warm pasta in a bowl.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the garlic clove. Sauté for 2 minutes and add the lemon juice and zest. Sauté for 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat and pour over the pasta in a large bowl.
- Add the grated Parmesan, pepper and arugula. Mix and serve.