19 Nov Instant Pot Healthy Chicken and 13 Bean Chili
For a vegan version, leave out the chicken breast, add an extra ¼ cup of beans, and substitute vegetable stock for chicken stock.
I love the instant pot for chicken, chili, soup, and anything that starts with dried beans. This recipe combines the traditional flavors of chili with a 13-bean soup mix. It is a higher potassium recipe because of the tomatoes, beans, and chicken. I’ve given a breakdown of where the potassium comes from so you can alter the recipe to fit your specific dietary needs. To lower the potassium, try eliminating the tomatoes and using halving the beans and/or the chicken.
This is a perfect recipe to help you #ChangeYourBuds from a traditional chili recipe that often has red meat and is topped with cheese and sour cream.
Instant Pot Vegan and 13 Bean Chili
For a vegan version, leave out the chicken breast, add an extra ¼ cup of beans, and substitute vegetable stock for chicken stock. `
Yields: 8 servings
Calories (kcal) 117
Protein (g) 7
Carbohydrates (g) 21
Total Dietary Fiber (g) 8
Total Sugars (g) 3
Added Sugar (g) 0
Fat (g) 1
Saturated Fat (g) 0
Cholesterol (mg) 0
Calcium (mg) 58
Magnesium (mg) 37
Phosphorus (mg) 116
Potassium (mg) 449
Sodium (mg) 167
Potassium Level per serving
Bob’s Red Mill 13 bean dried soup mix (or 1 cup of other dried beans) – 207
Boneless skinless chicken breast – 145
Low sodium diced tomatoes – 70
Green peppers chopped – 43
Chili powder – 30
Instant Pot Healthy Chicken and 13 Bean Chili
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 small green peppers chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ½ tablespoons chile powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons jarred jalapeno slices with marinade
- 1 15 ounce can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill 13 bean dried soup mix or 1 cup of other dried beans
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Fresh jalapeno sliced
- Turn Instant Pot on to sauté, medium heat. Add green peppers and onions and cook 5-7 minutes until softened but not browned.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add salt, chile powder, cumin and paprika. Cook 1-2 minutes until the spices become fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, chicken stock, water, jalapeno slices with juice, dried beans, and chicken breast. Stir well.
- Close and seal Instant Pot and set to pressure cook for 60 minutes. Once finished, allow to naturally release for 10 minutes and then manually release the pressure.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred with a fork. Return meat to pot.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with jalapeno and cilantro if desired.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.