13 Aug Healthy Peach Dessert
Posted at 12:49h in Desserts 0 Comments
The sweet smell of fresh fruit and cinnamon wafting through the kitchen makes this dessert hard to resist. Pick whatever fruit is in season at peak flavor to eliminate the need for excess added sugar. Plums, apricots, strawberries, blueberries, apple, or pears all work well.
Frozen fruit can be used in a pinch, just give it a few minutes to thaw before baking.
Healthy Peach Dessert
- 1 1/4 cups I large peach pitted and chopped
- 1 6 ounce container raspberries about 1 cup
- 2 tablespoons sugar divided
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups oat rice or 1% milk
- No sugar sorbet for serving, optional
- Heat the oven to 350° F. Place the peaches and raspberries in the bottom of a 9-inch cast iron skillet, deep-dish pie pan or casserole dish. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar and toss to combine.
- Combine the remaining tablespoon of sugar, oats and cinnamon in a medium bowl and sprinkle evenly over the fruit.
- Using the same bowl, whisk together the egg whites, vanilla and milk and slowly pour over the oats.
- Bake until the oats are cooked and fruit is bubbling, about 45 minutes. Serve warm, topped with sorbet, if desired.
Calories: 150kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 6gFat: 2gSodium: 67mgPotassium: 197mgSugar: 8gCalcium: 26mgMagnesium: 7mgPhosphorus: 90mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.