27 Oct Hallow “Bean” Dip with Spooky Chips
Hallow "Bean" Dip with Spooky Chips
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 poblano or other medium spice pepper roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of chile powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- Whole Grain tortillas
- Heat a medium sauce pan over medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of canola oil.
- Add the onions and spices to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until they just become aromatic.
- Add garlic and pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes until all the vegetables are softened.
- ** Be careful not to brown the onion. Turn down the heat if the onion starts to brown. **
- Add the beans, lime juice and the onion mixture to the blender and blend until well mixed. (If may be necessary to add a few tablespoons of water to mixture to mix it well.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Brush the tortillas with EVOO, sprinkle with turmeric and use Halloween cookie cutters to create Halloween shapes.
- Bake the tortillas for 2-6 minutes until just crisp, being careful not to burn.
- Cut the carrots into pumpkin shapes
- Serve the black dip with the “pumpkin” carrots and Halloween shaped chips.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!