26 Sep Fennel Gazpacho
- Small clove of garlic cut in half
- 1 large or 2 small Fennel bulbs- core removed and cut into large chunks. Cut off and reserve the top fronds
- 1 large cucumber peeled and chopped in quarters
- 4 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped red onion
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of salt optional
- 1/8 cup almonds
- Put all ingredients except for the EVOO in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add in the EVOO slowly while the blender is going slowly.
- Top with reserved fennel fronds.
- Serve cold.
** Can top with shrimp or sunflower seeds for heartier meal. ** For a lower potassium modification, boil fennel before preparing recipe
Serving: 2.5CupsCalories: 140.74kcalCarbohydrates: 7.51gProtein: 2.94gFat: 11.67gSaturated Fat: 1.33gSodium: 26.79mgPotassium: 316.89mgSugar: 3.24gCalcium: 54.19mgMagnesium: 37.94mgPhosphorus: 79.76mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!