24 May Edamame + Quinoa Salad
This recipe comes from our friend and West coast doctor, Dr. Linda Shiue, who posts her recipes and food stories HERE. Thank you Linda for sharing your delicious recipe!
I absolutely love this recipe. It uses all the tricks to develop flavor without using a lot of salt.
-Reduce sodium soy sauce ( and just a little bit)
The fresh veggies make it burst with flavor and it’s hearty enough for a complete meal.
#ChangeYourBuds and learn to love this salad of quinoa and fresh vegetables.
Edamame + Quinoa Salad
- For the dressing: makes ½ cup:
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- For the salad:
- 3 cups cooked quinoa from one cup dry
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup baby spinach or kale roughly chopped
- 1 Persian cucumber ¼ inch dice
- 1 cup shelled edamame cooked and cooled
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 avocado halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted pepitas green pumpkin seeds
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Put cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Add dressing, flax seed and lemon zest and stir to combine.
- Add greens, cucumber, edamame and scallions to the quinoa and toss to combine. Adjust salt to taste.
- Spoon the quinoa mixture onto a plate and scatter toasted pepitas over the top.