13 Feb Cumin-Spiced Chicken + Peach + Avocado Salad
These flavors and textures in this recipe are delicious. If you can’t find peaches, use mango or apples.
Note – this is a high potassium recipe because of the peaches, spinach, and avocado. For a lower potassium version leave these ingredients off and use apples and romaine lettuce instead.
Ingredients for Salad:
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon avocado oil
½ teaspoon cumin
¼ teaspoon ground coriander
Pinch of kosher salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 cups butter lettuce, chopped
2 cup spinach, sliced into ribbons
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1 radish, thinly sliced
2 ripe peaches, pitted and sliced
1 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1 large avocado
Ingredients for dressing: (makes extra)
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 small shallot, diced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes.
2. Heat the avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Season the chicken with cumin, coriander, salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat.
4. Sauté the chicken for 5-7 minutes or until the juices run clear.
5. Remove from the heat and set aside.
6. Halve and pit the avocado. Remove the flesh on to a cutting board and slice into thick slices
7. In a separate bowl, combine the lemon juice, red wine vinegar and shallot. Let stand for 10 minutes.
8. Slowly whisk the olive oil and Dijon mustard into the lemon juice mixture
9. Add the lettuce and spinach to a salad bowl with the cooked chicken and sliced tomatoes, radish, and peaches. Add 2 tablespoons of the dressing and toss to combine.
10. Divide among two salad bowls or plates.
11. Add the avocado and cilantro on top and drizzle with a little extra dressing
Yield: 2 servings
Serving Size: 1 serving
Calories (kcal) 476
Protein (g) 32
Carbohydrates (g) 27
Total Dietary Fiber (g) 9
Total Sugars (g) 16
Added Sugar (g) 0
Fat (g) 29
Saturated Fat (g) 4
Cholesterol (mg) 99
Calcium (mg) 79
Magnesium (mg) 95
Phosphorus (mg) 310
Potassium (mg) 1323 High Potassium
Sodium (mg) 103 Low Sodium