13 Feb Cumin-Spiced Chicken + Peach + Avocado Salad
These flavors and textures in this recipe are delicious. If you can’t find peaches, use mango or apples.
Note – this is a high potassium recipe because of the peaches, spinach, and avocado. For a lower potassium version leave these ingredients off and use apples and romaine lettuce instead.
Cumin-Spiced Chicken + Peach + Avocado Salad
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups butter lettuce chopped
- 2 cup spinach sliced into ribbons
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved lengthwise
- 1 radish thinly sliced
- 2 ripe peaches pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 1 large avocado
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes.
- Heat the avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with cumin, coriander, salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Sauté the chicken for 5-7 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Halve and pit the avocado. Remove the flesh on to a cutting board and slice into thick slices
- In a separate bowl, combine the lemon juice, red wine vinegar and shallot. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Slowly whisk the olive oil and Dijon mustard into the lemon juice mixture
- Add the lettuce and spinach to a salad bowl with the cooked chicken and sliced tomatoes, radish, and peaches. Add 2 tablespoons of the dressing and toss to combine.
- Divide among two salad bowls or plates.
- Add the avocado and cilantro on top and drizzle with a little extra dressing