14 Dec Cioppino with Guest Chef Bob Barretto
This visit with Bob Barretto, founder of GBS Building Supply in Greenville, SC, was so much fun my very first guest chef!
He shared his family recipe for their Cioppino, an Italian stew, loaded with fresh seafood and vegetables. It was as delicious as it looks.
Cioppino with Guest Chef Bob Barretto
- 2-3 tsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Onions chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 18 oz Italian Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Cremini mushrooms rehydrated with 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Italian Oregano
- 1 lb cod
- 3/4 lb shrimp
- 3/4 lb scallops
- 1/4 Tbsp red pepper
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Add garlic.
- Add Italian tomatoes and about 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth.
- Add rehydrated Cremini mushrooms and mushroom water. Don’t use all of the mushroom water. Check for sediments’ on the bottom.
- Add 2 Tbsp fresh Italian Oregano. Stir to mix. Bring to a boil.
- Add cod and cook for a few minutes. Add shrimp and scallops, cook for about 3 minutes or until shrimp is cooked.
- 6 Final touch - 1/4 Tbsp red pepper