27 Apr Chocolate Muffins with Zucchini
Chocolate Muffins with Zucchini
- 1 1/4 cups spelt flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup +2 tablespoons cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt of choice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease 10 muffin cups or line with cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar of choice, stevia, cacao powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Mix the wet ingredients, zucchini, applesauce, vegetable oil, yogurt and vanilla.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and pour into the cupcake liners.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes.
- Allow to cupcakes to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
For a lower carbohydrate and more diabetic friendly version, only eat 1/2 muffin
Serving: 1MuffinCalories: 230.73kcalCarbohydrates: 31.72gProtein: 3.16gFat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3.34gCholesterol: 0.42mgSodium: 195.51mgPotassium: 152.49mgFiber: 2.41gSugar: 16.83gCalcium: 43.89mgMagnesium: 32.81mgPhosphorus: 74.24mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Thank you to www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com for the recipe!