27 Apr Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe from Against the Grain by Danielle Walker
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup palm shortening
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut crystals
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate pieces
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat over to 350F
- Place the shortening and egg in a food processor and process for 15 seconds.
- Add the coconut crystals, honey, and vanilla extract. Process again until combined.
- Add the flours, baking soda, and salt and process for 30 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides and pulse again if necessary to fully incorporate the dry ingredients.
- Stir the chocolate in by hand.
- Use a large tablespoon to scoop balls of the dough, placing them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly press them down to flatten, making disks about 1/2 -inch thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until the cookies are browned around the edges. Cook on a wire rack.
DM friendly with appropriate portions
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!