02 Dec Chai Latte With Almond Milk
Posted at 16:10h in beverages 0 Comments
Nutrition Profile (without Honey)
Yield: 4 cups ( 1 cup serving)
Calories (kcal) 38
Protein (g) 0
Carbohydrates (g) 7
Total Dietary Fiber (g) 0
Total Sugars (g) 6
Added Sugar (g) 5
Fat (g) 1
Saturated Fat (g) 0
Cholesterol (mg) 0
Calcium (mg) 217
Magnesium (mg) 11
Phosphorus (mg) 12
Potassium (mg) 124
Sodium (mg) 88
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon black tea
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- 5 cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups almond milk or other non-dairy milk
- Option: 1 tsp of honey
- Pour the water into a saucepan. Add black tea, cinnamon stick, star anise, cardamom and ground ginger. Bring to a boil then turn off the heat and cover for 10 minutes.
- Heat the almond milk and whisk it until it froths - or use a milk frother.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the chai mixture into a cup along with ½ cup of the foamed milk.
- Repeat with the 3 other cups.
- NOTE: If you want it a little sweeter, add a little honey to your cup or when heating the milk.To serve, you can decorate with some cinnamon powder, a cinnamon stick or star anise.
Serving: 1cupCalories: 44kcalCarbohydrates: 8gFat: 1gSodium: 88mgPotassium: 125mgSugar: 13gCalcium: 217mgMagnesium: 11mgPhosphorus: 12mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.