10 Jul Broccoli Salad with Smoked Sea Salt
Posted at 15:37h in Small Plates/Salads 0 Comments
It always amazes me when I see a traditional broccoli salad. It’s like taking an unbelievable healthy ingredient, broccoli in this case, and then adding every unhealthy ingredient you can think of: mayonnaise, sugar, bacon, cheese.
The trick with this recipe was to come up with a healthier version that still tasted amazing. The secret ingredient is – smoked sea salt. It’s just enough to give it a smoky flavor and changes the flavor of the entire dish. Tell me what you think. #ChangeYourBuds
Broccoli Salad with Smoked Sea Salt
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 green onions thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked salt if unavailable use kosher salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise Want to try homemade mayo? I show you how HERE.
- 1 head broccoli cut into small florets (Approximately 4 cups)
- Mix mayonnaise and white vinegar in a small bowl
- Add broccoli to a large bowl
- Add mayonnaise mixture to broccoli and stir well
- Add green onions, pumpkin seeds and cranberries to the bowl and stir
- Season with smoked salt to taste
Serving: 0.75CupCalories: 146.32kcalCarbohydrates: 8.36gProtein: 3.37gFat: 11.58gSaturated Fat: 1.97gCholesterol: 5.15mgSodium: 130.98mgPotassium: 199.78mgSugar: 5.37gCalcium: 25.58mgMagnesium: 12.2mgPhosphorus: 34.3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!