21 Apr Black Bean Quesadilla
Black Bean Quesadilla
- 1 – 8 ounce can of low sodium black beans
- 1/4 teaspoon chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 4 whole grain tortillas
- Shredded cheese
- 1 Jalapeño sliced
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- Juice from ½ Lime
- Reserve ¼ cup of the water from the can of beans. Then, drain and rinse the rest of the beans.
- Heat the beans, chile powder, and cumin over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until warm then mash with a spoon or potato masher until soft. (This can be done the night before.)
- While the beans are cooking, mix the sour cream with the lime juice and set to side. .
- Lay the tortillas on a work space and spread black beans over ½ of the tortilla.
- Top the beans with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese and fold the tortilla in half.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of EVOO (or just spray with non-stick spray) in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place the folded tortilla in the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until brown. Flip and cook the other side until warm.
- Cut the tortillas into triangular thirds and top with the lime creme and your favorite toppings.
For a lower potassium modification, omit avocado. The dish will still be medium potassium and not low potassium. Keep your serving to 1 quesadilla too.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!