05 Apr 5-Minute Spinach
The Cooking Doc’s 5-minute spinach is a side full of flavor, potassium and speed! It’s perfect for those weeknight meals where you need something green.
If you are on a low potassium diet or if you have stage 4 or 5 kidney disease, you may want to avoid this dish or check with your physician or dietitian before trying it.
- 1 large box of pre-washed spinach or ½ lbs of spinach wash well
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat and add the extra virgin olive oil. Allow oil to heat until shimmering.
- Add spinach in bunches turning every 15 seconds or so until all the spinach is wilted but not overcooked. This will take 1-2 minutes.
- Create a well inside the spinach, turn heat down to medium, and add the garlic. Let garlic cook for 15-30 seconds then stir together.
- Remove from heat, add the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately!