21 Aug Almond Butter Cups
2 cups roasted almonds
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon honey
2 cups dark chocolate chips
1. Blend the roasted almonds, in a food processor, until creamy, about 15 – 20 minutes.
2. Add coconut oil & honey & blend 1 – 2 minutes more.
3. Melt dark chocolate chips in microwave. (We did it on 50% power & 30 second increments)
4. Using a mini muffin tray, add mini cupcake liners
5. Coat the bottom of the liners with the dark chocolate and swirl the chocolate up the sides of the liner. Freeze for 30 minutes.
6. Add 1 teaspoon of homemade almond butter to each liner & top with remaining chocolate.
7. Gently shake to level & freeze for another 30 minutes.
We topped our homemade almond butter cups with whipped topping, blackberries & a spring of mint!